Laura Anderson is an international company director, entrepreneur and global philanthropist. She is Chairperson of OneGlobalVenture, SVI Global Pty Ltd, G21 Pty Ltd and the Foundation for the Advancement of Science and Technology. She is also a director of several private investment companies and actively supports economic development and innovation through entrepreneurship.
As a Board member of the Defence Science Institute, Laura is a long standing and respected principal advisor on strategy, global industry structures and enabling technologies for supply chains to the Australian Defence Force and US National Defence University Industrial College of the Armed Forces (ICAF) in Washington DC.
Her professional speciality is harnessing technological advancements and the power of big data leveraging their effect on economic outcomes, global supply chain optimisation, trade, investment and critical infrastructure development.
Laura is a global thought leader on the development of the creative economy and its future impact on industry structures, social cohesion, economic innovation and digital transformation.
Laura frequently serves as a guest lecturer on strategy, risk management, corporate governance and empowering the future. She is a champion for enabling the achievement of the UN Sustainable Development Goals empowering the Fourth Industrial Revolution, future industries and the structuring of governance structures to optimise risk, drive synergy and maximise outcomes.
Laura has worked extensively across governments and industries locally and globally as a senior adviser on defence industry supply chains, global governance, strategy transformation and risk optimisation. She has been an Australia Day Ambassador since 2010 and was an Ambassador of International Women’s Day on its 100th anniversary.
- Board Member of the Defence Science Institute
- Governor, Board Member and Chair of the Future Industry initiative of the American Chamber of Commerce
- Chair of the United Nations UNCTAD Board of Advisors for the Creative Economy Programme
- Member of the Australian Institute of Company Directors
- Member of the National Association of Corporate Directors in Washington DC
- Fulbright Commission
- Fellow & former Chairperson of the Chartered Institute of Transport
- Fellow of the Chief of Staff Association
- Founding President of the Council of Supply Chain Management Professionals (CSCMP/CLM) in Asia Pacific.
Other board contributions include:
- Australian Grand Prix Corporation
- CEO Circle
- Eastern Health
- Epworth HealthCare
- Good Foundation
- Just Group
- Melbourne Fashion Festival
- Starlight Children’s Foundation.
Laura has received many awards for her contributions to industry including in transformative technologies, advanced manufacturing, defence, transport and distribution.