Australian Precision Technologies Pty Ltd. (APT) is a committed precision engineering partner with a strategic focus on defence outcomes. APT strives to excel through continuous improvement, investment in cutting edge capability, and industry 4.0 enablers.
APT specialises in producing precision components, instruments and assemblies using the latest CNC technology and software.
Find out more about Australian Precision Technologies.
APT has been involved with the following projects:
- CEA Technologies CEAFAR Radar
- Thales Bushmaster and Hawkei Land Vehicles
- Thales Steyr Rife
- Thales Small Munitions
- Joint Strike Fighter Ground Handling Equipment
- Joint Strike Fighter Downlock Cylinder
- Boeing Ghost Bat UAV – Main Landing and Nose Landing Gear
- EOS Defence Systems Remote Weapon Stations
- Rheinmetall Boxer Reconnaissance Vehicle
Industry success story
APT was established in 1992 by Richard (Richy) Weinzierl, who continues to lead the business today as Manager Director. Originally an automotive business, APT pivoted towards defence and aerospace after the closure of Victoria’s automotive industry. With support from the Victorian Government, APT is now operating as a defence and aerospace focused facility.
To enter the defence industry, APT established a technical control and cyber security plan, implemented access security control systems and acquired AS9100 accreditation. Victorian Government support and funding were instrumental in developing these systems through the Automotive Supply Chain Transition Grants and broader programs.
APT accessed the Commonwealth Government’s ‘Entrepreneurs Program’ in 2018 which helped develop and deepen its defence market plan. This included identification and collaboration with key accounts, including Thales.
It is also a participant in the Smart Enough Factory Program – a Victorian Government-sponsored initiative delivered by DMTC that helps local defence industry companies digitalise their operations to drive value and productivity.
APT maintains a close and effective working relationship with the Victorian Government, the Australian Department of Defence and other industry stakeholders. The company is on a strong trajectory of continued growth.
Products and services
APT manufactures precision machined components and assemblies for:
- Aluminium Electric Enclosures
- SUBSAFE Nickel Alloy Bronze Housing and Fittings
- Stainless Steel 17-4PH Adaptors and Cylinders
- Prototyping of Munition Components
- Mechanical Sub-Assemblies
- Engineering Support for Component Development
- 2021: Casey Business of the Year
- 2021: Innovation Category winner, Business Awards
- 2019: Finalist, Defence Industry Awards
- 2014: Inducted into the Victorian Manufacturing Hall of Fame
- AS9100D Space, Aviation & Defence
- DISP Membership