Established in 1992, SYPAQ Systems (SYPAQ) is an innovative engineering and systems integration company specialising in defence, national security and related information technology solutions.
SYPAQ operates across a broad range of technologies in several industry sectors including defence and aerospace, ICT, government and enterprise. Under the vision and energy of Founder and Chairman George Vicino, SYPAQ continues to pursue an enthusiastic smart innovation and growth strategy.
Find out more about SYPAQ Systems.
- CorvoX ‘family’ of autonomous systems and sensors, including CorvoX Small UAS, Alto Multi Rotor UAS, Corvo Guarda multispectral sensor systems, Corvo PPDS (logistics UAS) & Corvo Samson UAS
- Manufacture of smaller drones for defence research organisations and organic surveillance
- Mission experimentation and algorithm development for secure, artificial intelligence, machine learning and autonomous systems applications
- Complex project management and systems engineering across the land and joint systems domains
Industry Success Story
SYPAQ was recently featured in the Asia-Pacific Defence Reporter (ADPR) for its Corvo Family of Autonomous Systems — a sovereign capability to enhance the Australian Army’s UAS capabilities.
SYPAQ has established its Defence Autonomy Centre of Excellence (DACE), the company’s foremost example of collaboration and partnership with Defence and defence industries. The 5,000 m2 facility brings together its capabilities in Fishermans Bend – Victoria’s emerging defence innovation precinct — and has been instrumental in supporting the development of sovereign capability in aerospace systems. With the DACE, SYPAQ has expanded services throughout Australia and the Asia Pacific region, creating up to 280 jobs and expects to double its revenue by 2025. Outcomes driven by the DACE will continue to drive the advanced manufacture of autonomous systems for global export.
“The Victorian Government supported SYPAQ when we were a micro business which allowed us to project a capability beyond our modest footprint at the time. State and Federal Government support has really enabled SYPAQ to overcome ‘fear’ or risk involved in expansion and pursue a growth pathway with calm confidence. With government support and in-principle political and philosophical backing, SYPAQ really hasn’t looked back.”
SYPAQ is a participant in the Victorian Government’s Digital Jobs Program which upskills mid-career workers to meet Victoria’s growing need for digital skills. Interns at SYPAQ have been placed in the company’s cyber security, information systems, Atlassian and AI and analytics teams. They will help build future technologies and contribute to whole of business transformation.
As a result of government support, SYPAQ has exhibited at trade shows such as the Australian International Airshow, Land Forces and Indo Pacific, trade missions and exhibitions in Singapore, the US and the UK.
“As each event and trade mission passed, our brand and reputation grew, our government networks were strengthened and our business expanded accordingly”.
“For almost 30 years, we’ve had assistance from the Victorian Government which, among other things, led to the establishment of our Singapore office with revenue flowing immediately thereafter. We rapidly gained business and developed ongoing relationships with locally-based and Australian businesses because ofthis Government support”.
Products and Services
SYPAQ provides its customers with end-to-end integrated support solutions, including the following services:
- advanced manufacturing
- research and development
- systems integration
- software application development
- support services.
Its products include:
- C5ISREW hardware and software solutions
- Corvo family of autonomous systems
- Guarda family of multispectral sensor systems
- Cyber security
- Modelling and Simulation
- Data Integration – geospatial intelligence
- Legacy system modernisation
- Collaborative training and mission experimentation
- Defence Autonomy Centre of Excellence (DACE) unique indoor flight test and training facility.
- Global Information Assurance Certification (GIAC)
- Security Leadership Certification (GSLC).