Established in 1969, Marand is a precision engineering firm that designs and manufactures complex equipment, series production of platform structures, tooling and bespoke solutions for the defence, aerospace, automotive, rail, and energy industries. It has more than 150 companies in its supply chain.
With operations in Melbourne and Geelong, Marand is one of Australia’s strongest players in defence and advanced manufacturing. It designs and manufactures products for multinational prime contractors and their original equipment manufacturers including:
- Lockheed Martin
- BAE Systems
- Rio Tinto.
Marand’s versatility in developing and manufacturing a range of quality engineered products is key to its competitive advantage. The company also plays a significant role in national security and commercialising Victoria’s manufacturing expertise. Marand is a critical piece of Australia’s sovereign manufacturing capability.
Find out more about Marand.
- Rheinmetall — roof module for LYNX Infantry Fighting Vehicle. The Hungarian Armed Forces has submitted the first global order for 200 of these vehicles.
- Pearson Engineering — Australian production of prototype mechanised land forces equipment.
- F-35 program — AIR 6000 Phase 2A/B New Air Combat Capability Facilities project.
Marand’s pandemic response:
With a long history of innovation, Marand adapted quickly to produce medical and safety equipment and assist in the national response to the pandemic. Rohan Stocker, CEO at Marand is proud of the company’s role in supporting Victoria’s and Australia’s response to COVID-19.
Marand sees itself as contributing to the community beyond its role as an engineering and manufacturing organisation, with an interest in sovereign safety and a global commercial agenda. Rohan said Marand was “thrilled to have been able to step up and help the national fight against coronavirus.”
The broader story
Marand is appreciative of government support in providing valuable opportunities for the company. In 2012, government assistance with capital expenditure and F-35-related training and development was instrumental in expanding the company’s capabilities and establishing Marand as a globally valuable player in the defence industry. Together with the Victorian Government’s contribution of $5 million and $5 million from the Commonwealth Government, Marand injected a further $10 million, enabling the company to build an export business that will well exceed $1 billion over the life of the program.
More recently, Marand accessed the $50,000 incubator starter kit as part of its $3 million US market entry investment. These investments and collaboration opportunities have been instrumental in Marand’s growth and success.
Products and services
- Mechanical, electrical, software, hydraulic, pneumatic, automation & process engineering disciplines
- Highly trained production staff & prototyping capability
- Service support from conception to finished product
- Solutions include:
- tooling & jigs
- special purpose equipment
- complete workshops
- manufacturing production lines
- complete maintenance facilities
- automation including machines
- robots & AGV
- modules & special assemblies
- high efficiency electric motors & generators.
- Large scale & diverse capability
- Series production of platform structures
- Fabrication / Welding
- Small & large 5-axis machining, complex assembly, electrical wiring, hydraulic & pneumatic assembly, painting, installation & commissioning
- Dimensional metrology laboratory to provide final quality control & inspection
- NATA-accredited certification of dimensional inspection with guaranteed accuracy.
- Service engineers available in Victoria, South Australia, Western Australia
- International operations in the USA and the UK
- Ongoing contracts across Australia & in Japan, the UK & the US.
- 2020: Governor of Victoria Export Awards (GOVEA) Export Champion
- 2012: Victorian Manufacturer of the Year
- 2011: Lockheed Martin 100% Quality & Delivery Performance Award.
See the full list of Marand accreditations and awards
- ISO9001 (Quality)
- ISO14001 (Environmental)
- ISO17025 (Measurement).