Andrew is a well-respected Defence industry leader with over 20 years’ experience in the Defence and Aerospace sector globally. His expertise brings together experiences from both the private and government sectors, giving a unique insight of the intersection of government and industry.
Andrew is the Managing Director of Defence Industry Advisory Services (DIAS), where the national team focusses on providing consulting and hands-on services to businesses seeking to grow in the Defence sector and deliver capability outcomes to Defence.
Former roles include 10 years in the Australian Public Service where he led the establishment and delivery of a number of programs focussed on supporting the development of Defence industry. Andrew was part of the team that wrote and delivered the Defence Industry Policy Statement 2016. Andrew’s APS career culminated in setting up and running the Centre for Defence Industry Capability (CDIC), which was later transitioned to the Office of Defence Industry Support (ODIS).
Prior to joining the APS, Andrew held various roles as an aerospace engineer and program manager across a range of military aerospace programs at BAE SYSTEMS and GKN Aerospace. This role also included extensive experience in managing Australian and US Defence Trade Controls.
Andrew is deeply passionate about innovation and capabilities that industry offers to the Australian Defence Force and our allies.
- Managing Director – DI Advisory Services
- General Manager – Centre for Defence Industry Capability (CDIC), Department of Industry, Innovation and Science
- Centre Director – Defence Industry Innovation Centre, Department of Industry, Innovation and Science
- Program Manager (JSF) and US Export Controls Manager – GKN Aerospace
- Andrew holds tertiary qualifications in aerospace engineering and business.
- Graduate and course mentor Defence Industry Study Course (DISC)
- Graduate Company Directors Course, Australian Institute of Company Directors (GAICD)
- Australian Institute of Company Directors
- Member of the Innovation Award judging panel facilitated by the AMDA Foundation