Greg Yorke AM CSC is a member of the Defence Council Victoria and a part time member of the Royal Australian Navy (RAN), posted as the Senior Naval Officer Victoria. He has over 40 years’ experience in senior Defence roles with extensive experience working with, for and among, the Defence senior leadership. In many roles over many years, Greg has worked with the Defence Industry, particularly in the maritime domain. His roles, both serving and as a management consultant, have included the Senior Naval Officer Victoria, lead for a major Navy Workforce review, lead, and support for White Paper Force Structure Review and as a Capability Manager.
His many Navy Sea postings are highlighted by two Command appointments; Commanding Officer, HMAS Gladstone (Fremantle Class Patrol Boat), 1990 to 1992; and, as the commissioning Commanding Officer, HMAS Arunta (ANZAC Frigate), from 1998 until 2000.
As a Captain, Greg served as the Chief Staff Officer (Operations), Maritime Headquarters, where he was awarded the Conspicuous Service Cross for his leadership during Operation Falconer (the War in Iraq), 2003 and in the 2022 Queen’s Birthday Honours he was appointed as a Member of the Order of Australia for exceptional service in senior command positions.
His academic qualifications include a Master of Arts (Strategic Studies) from Deakin University and a Master of Business Management from the University of Southern Queensland.
Greg Yorke is a member of the Defence Council of Victoria, Chair of the Victorian Veterans Council and the Senior Naval Officer Victoria.
- 40 years as a member of the Royal Australian Navy
- 10 years as a Management Consultant, concluding with KPMG
- RAN Workforce Continuous Improvement Program, Project Director
- Force Structure Review 2018, Cost Assurance Project Director
- Acquisition and Support Implementation Strategy Project Manager
- RAN WHS Safety Management System Project Manager
- Master of Arts (Strategic Studies), Deakin University
- Master of Business Administration (Project Management), University of Southern Queensland
- Graduate Diploma of Applied Science in Sensor Systems Management
- Advanced Diploma of Small Ships Operations
- Diploma of Maritime Studies Management Program
- Fellow, Centre of Defence and Strategic Studies
- Fellow, Chief of Staff Association
- Chair, Victorian Veterans Council
- Non-Executive Board Member, Australian National Veterans Arts Museum (ANVAM)
- Non-Executive Board Member, Melbourne Maritime Heritage Network (MMHN).